Elimination of Bias & Developing Cultural Competency – with Real World Relevance (CE Session)
This 3 hour course provides appraisers with specifically relevant and useful guidance on the subjects of bias and discrimination in appraising and also the subject of cultural competency. The course content, as well as the laws and cases discussed, are relevant to both residential and commercial appraisers. Up-to-date information is given about current investigations and cases relating to alleged discrimination and guidance is offered on practices to reduce bias and the risk of disputes alleging discrimination.
The course answers specific questions for appraisers, such as:
- How have appraisers found themselves as the targets of investigations and lawsuits alleging discrimination?
- What forms of proof are needed to establish a fair housing claim against an appraiser?
- What can appraisers do to lower their risk?
- What should appraisers know about implicit bias?
- Why is basic “cultural competency” important to appraisers?
$139.00 – THIS 3-hour course is approved in the following states:
The course has been developed to meet the requirements for appraisers under California Bus. and Prof. Code section 11360 for Elimination of Bias (2 hours) and Cultural Competency (1 hour).