Building the next generation of appraisers through diversity and training!
1:00 – 3:00 | DEI (Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion) and the Appraisal Industry
Join the Appraiser Diversity Initiative (ADI) including Appraisal Institute, Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac and one of the top three mortgage lenders, an independent appraiser, a trainee supervisor, and trainee to hear first-hand how we are attracting diverse new entrants into the residential appraisal field. Discover how trainees can overcome barriers to entry (such as education, training, and experience requirements), and why mentorship through a supervisor role can help grow your career. And, have your questions answered from the lender perspective.
- Diversity deep-dive and overview with ADI Partners
- Mentorship works: Fireside chat with Supervisor and Trainee
- The lender perspective: Exclusive look at growing our industry through diversity and trainees with one of the top 3 lenders
- Loren Cook, President – Solidifi
- Richard Rivera, Quality Control Manager, Valuations – Solidifi
- Colleen McCafferty, Chief Compliance Officer – Solidifi
- Rachel Beam-Jares, Director of Valuation Equity – Fannie Mae
- Scott Reuter, Chief Appraiser – Freddie Mac
- William (Bill) Garber, Director of Government and External Relations – Appraisal Institute
- National Lender
- Independent Appraiser
- Appraisal Trainee
3:00 – 4:00 | Making the Connections: Networking Event
Join us for an open and inclusive conversation about how you can get involved to help solve the appraiser shortage with a focus on diversity, equity and inclusion. This event is sponsored by Solidifi.